Jump to content
Blackdude

Impact offseason 2017-18

Recommended Posts

Now that we have an official confirmation of players in and out, we have the players for next year.

IN: Thomas Meilleur-Giguère, James Pantemis, Raheem Edwards, Jukka Raitala

OUT: Patrice Bernier, Hernan Bernardello, Ambroise Oyongo, Hassoun Camara, Shaun Francis, Andrés Romero, Laurent Ciman

IN LIMBO: Chris Duvall (out of contract but got an offer from the club), Clément Diop (picked in the wiaver draft)

Roster right now (24):
GK (3): Bush, Crépeau, Pantemis
DF (8): Boldor, Cabrera, Lefèvre Fisher, Lovitz, Meilleur-Giguère, Edwards, Raitala
MF (9) :  Béland-Goyette, Donadel, Piette, Shome, Dzemaili, Piatti, Tabla, Choinière, Salazar
FW (4): Jackson-Hamel, Mancosu, Oduro, DePuy

Edited by Blackdude

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blackdude said:

Since we don'T know what is the full roster. I'll post from what we know. I only put players I fully know are staying and am waiting until something concrete. For the players on the outs, it's according to the year end press conference. 

IN: Thomas Meilleur-Giguère, James Pantemis

OUT: Patrice Bernier, Hernan Bernardello, Ambroise Oyongo

STAYING: Anthony Jackson-Hamel, Ignacio Piatti

By in, do you mean they have signed MLS deals? Or will they be in Ottawa?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a lot of talk on twitter about Garde's time at Lyon with Clément Grenier. People are wondering if Garde will try to bring him to Montreal. Grenier  used to be one of the top talents in France before injuries slowed him down, a move to Montreal with the coach he thrived under could be a good move. 

 

 

Also, this is cool: 

 

Edited by Chad_Impact

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Chad_Impact said:

Yeah I could see Lefevre getting let go, better for both parties really. 

He never really lit the pitch up in Ottawa either. He flashes his credentials as an accountant more than as a soccer player. I think if he is cut, it may be the end of his playing career. :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ChrisinOrleans said:

He never really lit the pitch up in Ottawa either. He flashes his credentials as an accountant more than as a soccer player. I think if he is cut, it may be the end of his playing career. :( 

I hope not, I would like to see him in the CPL eventually 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Chad_Impact said:

Yeah I could see Lefevre getting let go, better for both parties really. 

Funny I thought the arrival of Garde have the opposite effect and a life line for his career considering the French connection. Guess we will have to see. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ChrisinOrleans said:

He never really lit the pitch up in Ottawa either. He flashes his credentials as an accountant more than as a soccer player. I think if he is cut, it may be the end of his playing career. :( 

That's a bit silly to say given that he only made two appearances. He did just fine, especially for a player who had just joined a new team. He'd be a perfectly good signing for Ottawa.

And don't forget, he has a French passport so he could easily get a shot somewhere in Europe if he wanted to. So unless he wants to retire for personal reasons, there's really no reason to expect him to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll be the first to throw Ashtone Morgan's name out there, not that I think for a second he will end up in Montreal.

Also, apparently the Impact are looking for a new #1 keeper in Europe. Guessing Bush is on his way out, and Crepeau won't be trusted with a heavier role next year.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, shermanator said:

I'll be the first to throw Ashtone Morgan's name out there, not that I think for a second he will end up in Montreal.

Also, apparently the Impact are looking for a new #1 keeper in Europe. Guessing Bush is on his way out, and Crepeau won't be trusted with a heavier role next year.

 

Question. Does Bush have Canadian citizenship? He's lived in Canada for almost seven years now and wasn't capped at youth levels by the US.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, harrycoyster said:

Question. Does Bush have Canadian citizenship? He's lived in Canada for almost seven years now and wasn't capped at youth levels by the US.

No, and he doesn't want citizenship. He is an American, and very proud of being from Ohio, where he wants to live. His GF is still there. He probably wants to play in the Crew or Cincy teams.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, ChrisinOrleans said:

No, and he doesn't want citizenship. He is an American, and very proud of being from Ohio, where he wants to live. His GF is still there. He probably wants to play in the Crew or Cincy teams.  

I agree with the statement about him not wanting Canadian citizenship. However, he is married and he and his wife and two kids live in Montreal. I think Evan is happy in Montreal but that might change if he gets replaced as a starter. He wouldn't start for the Crew but maybe an expansion LAFC side or like you said Cincy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mkungilwa is done with #IMFC. Disappointing considering how good he looked with FC MTL two years ago. Doesn't seem like he ever got his chance with the Fury. Hurts now with the lack of depth at the full back positions.

Edited by farrelld

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, farrelld said:

Mkungilwa is done with #IMFC. Disappointing considering how good he looked with FC MTL two years ago. Doesn't seem like he ever got his chance with the Fury. Hurts now with the lack of depth at the full back positions.

Would like to see him in the CPL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-11-17 at 3:22 PM, Chad_Impact said:

Would like to see him in the CPL

Would have liked to see him fight for a backup spot during the preseason. Seems like he regressed during his time with Ottawa, another sign scrapping FC MTL was bad for player development. 

CPL needs to start ASAP so that young players like him can keep playing and not have to wait in the wilderness until it does.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope the Impact will still try to resign Camara. He was making way too much money but he is still a good depth, sometimes starter player if his salary is commensurate with that role. I am fine with the other cuts though there are a few guys under contract who I wish were not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Grizzly said:

I hope the Impact will still try to resign Camara. He was making way too much money but he is still a good depth, sometimes starter player if his salary is commensurate with that role. I am fine with the other cuts though there are a few guys under contract who I wish were not.

I think he's retiring 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Chad_Impact said:

I think he's retiring 

Yea, unfortunately it sounds like he has had too many concussions. Hopefully they keep him around the organization in some capacity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×