28 minutes ago, BreadBoy said:

Seems to me that Toronto would be a good spot for a NWSL team, any insight why there isn't one? 

Apologies if already discussed at length.

I would love to see an NWSL team here in Toronto. However, TFC has been 'round for 10 years now and we still are not up there with the Leafs, Raps and Jays. As much as us V's would follow it, it would be very slow to get off of the ground with casual fans. I would hate to see a Toronto team be formed and fold just a year or two later because the fanbase was not strong enough. That would hurt our chances of getting a team longer down the road. When soccer becomes more mainstream I would be all in favour of a Toronto NWSL team (Especially considering the CSA is a major funder of the league).

Edited by Jith12

It would be interesting to see an NWSL team in Vancouver in the near future.  I think the fanbase would be there, but getting the right ownership group would be crucial.

3 hours ago, NickH said:

It would be interesting to see an NWSL team in Vancouver in the near future.  I think the fanbase would be there, but getting the right ownership group would be crucial.

That is a very good point. I would like to see MLSE try a Toronto WFC platform and brand the team like they do for TFC. Similar to how most EPL clubs have women's affiliates (MCWFC, Arsenal WFC etc.).