I just wanted to start a thread (if it's been started elsewhere, feel free to re-direct or re-index) monitoring players from Canada who are currently plying their trade in France. I've only picked up the Francophone ones here, because they're the easiest for me to follow. 

The ones over there whom I understand to currently be playing are: 

Haidar Al-Shaibani - Le Puy 43 Auvergne - National 2
Jérémy Gagnon-Laparé - AS Vitré - National 2
Victor N'Diaye - Toulouse Rodéo - National 3
Zorhan Bassong - Lille B - Ligue 1/2 U-23 
Cédric Joqueviel - Castelnau le Crès - Divission d'Honneur (semi-pro/amateur) 

Thoughts? 

I like the thread, France is going through a great generation and most players have come through the lower leagues in France including N`Golo Kante who was playing 3rd division when we was 22,23 years old. 

2 hours ago, jpg75 said:

Lille B are in National 2 Group C (formerly CFA). Sedan with Yuma and Reid are in the same group as Lille B.

Zach Brault Guillard is with Lyon B in N2 Group B.

I've never heard of Zach Brault-Guillard. How old and where is he from? 

17 hours ago, ChrisinOrleans said:

I've never heard of Zach Brault-Guillard. How old and where is he from? 

Really ? 

He's 18 years old, was born in Haiti, His father is from Quebec, his mother is from Lyon France. He's been in France for a while now. According to Trademarkt he's a duel national with France. He played for Canadian U20 team, I believe he was the Captain ( I could be wrong). He plays  Right Back. 

Personally I would like to see him get called for the  El Salvador game/camp. He doesn't need to play in game but just to be at the camp and train. I hope they start doing that, just bring in one or two young players to be at camp. 

http://canadasoccer.com/?pid=4200&t=profile&

https://www.transfermarkt.com/zachary-brault-guillard/profil/spieler/395676

Edited by SpecialK

34 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

Really ? 

He's 18 years old, was born in Haiti, His father is from Quebec, his mother is from Lyon France. He's been in France for a while now. According to Trademarkt he's a duel national with France. He played for Canadian U20 team, I believe he was the Captain ( I could be wrong). He plays  Right Back. 

Personally I would to see him get called for the  El Salvador game/camp. He doesn't need to play in game but just to be at the camp and train. I hope they start doing that, just bring in one or two young players to be at camp. 

http://canadasoccer.com/?pid=4200&t=profile&

https://www.transfermarkt.com/zachary-brault-guillard/profil/spieler/395676

HOW HAVE I NOT HEARD OF THIS KID?!? 

Absolutely he deserves a call-up to the MNT against El Salvador. Even getting subbed on at 85 just to get him capped would be beneficial. 

If the CanPL ever moves into Québec, I'd hope they're looking at this young man. 

4 hours ago, SpecialK said:

I believe he was the Captain ( I could be wrong).

Yes, I remember he did captain the team during the U-20 Championship this year.

He was also Capt. of the OL U19's last season. Made his B team debut at the end of the year. Good news for him, the starting RB at Lyon B who was the backup on the A team last season (Gaspar) left on a free to Monaco this summer.

On 9/26/2017 at 4:30 PM, to70 said:

Not sure why you need this topic when you have a list of players playing in France as well as other countries in "Mother of all Canucks abroad"

Probably subconsciously created it as homage to the old MOACA thread where it was purely for info and threads were created for discussion 

8 hours ago, ChrisinOrleans said:

Why? He holds citizenship? Am I missing something? 

all i know is that he was born in Montpellier and only played for the quebec team in 2013.

Never heard about he getting a canadian citizenship or something about his origins/parents linked with Canada.

On 06/10/2017 at 5:49 PM, Dicdan said:

all i know is that he was born in Montpellier and only played for the quebec team in 2013.

Never heard about he getting a canadian citizenship or something about his origins/parents linked with Canada.

Jocqueviel got Canadian permanent residency during his last year in Montreal. I saw his wikipedia page and it said that he had citizenship and when I read the article quoted, it said that he got permanent residency. 

On 10/8/2017 at 4:58 AM, Blackdude said:

Jocqueviel got Canadian permanent residency during his last year in Montreal. I saw his wikipedia page and it said that he had citizenship and when I read the article quoted, it said that he got permanent residency. 

He has been eligible for the national team since 2015 - if I am not mistaken. So you're correct in that he has citizenship or permanent residency. 

Really cool that he played for the Québec team too. 

8 minutes ago, ChrisinOrleans said:

He has been eligible for the national team since 2015 - if I am not mistaken. So you're correct in that he has citizenship or permanent residency. 

Really cool that he played for the Québec team too. 

No he's not. He only lived in Canada for 4 years. And why would he be eligible since 2015? 

Edited by Blackdude