Sign in to follow this  
Bertuzzi44

Which current 'fence-sitter' would you most want to declare for Canada?

Which current 'fence-sitter' would you most want to declare for Canada?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Which current 'fence-sitter' would you most want to declare for Canada?

• Ricardo Ferreira (24, CB, SC Braga)
    • Ballou Tabla (18, MF, Montréal Impact)
    • Cristián Gutiérrez (20, LB, Colo Colo)
    • Bryan Cristante (22, MF, Atalanta)
    • Andreas Vaikla (20, GK, IFK Mariehamn)
    • Fikayo Tomori (19, CB, Chelsea)
    • Other (specify)

But seriously...

Tabla looks like he has a high ceiling, but I don't know how he compares to the others.  Crisante playing with Atalanta and Tomori making waves in England are both pretty intriguing.  Don't know much about the others, but cheers to all of them pulling on the maple leaf.

Chose Ferreira because as has been pointed out by others our group of CBs is aging and we could use some experience and quality back there.

The prospect of Tabla sure is tempting, though if he were to embrace the idea of representing Canada.

I'm not voting, because I've only seen Tabla play, none of the others. That being said, I would love for him to commit to us. Let's keep this Gold Cup run going to make him a bit jealous that he isn't there.

2 hours ago, Ivan said:

Chose Tomori - thinking longer term.  But we need all of them!

This young guy or the Braga CB.  Big need position:  the current group of available younger CBs didn't impress OZ enough for him to bring here (i.e. Gasporatto and some others) and I don't see any Matt Miazga's coming through our domestic club pipeline at the moment.  We really need some more competition here.

Not sure if we have a fence sitter at RB but another guy who could join Cordova as an up and comer would be great 

1 hour ago, BearcatSA said:

Not sure if we have a fence sitter at RB but another guy who could join Cordova as an up and comer would be great 

Fully agree that CB is our big position of need, although I still hold some hope for Doneil.  

At RB, I agree that another up-and-comer would be nice, but I like the look of Petrasso there.

15 minutes ago, Ivan said:

Fully agree that CB is our big position of need, although I still hold some hope for Doneil.  

I am hoping we get some kind of update to do with Henry soon. At least some sort of record he is back training with the team.

Wow Cristante is in 4th. Considering he might actually be the best one on there and the one that could actually be a difference maker that's a shock.

Also how is Ferreira leading this RN? Guy seems insanely injury prone.

9 hours ago, keaner4life said:

Would Andreas Vaikla be ineligible now as he is cap tied to Estonia? I'm loving Borjan as of late - but could definitely use some youth in the mix!

No not yet because he's only played Friendly's, he hasn't played in any major  sanctioned  senior competition for Estonia.

if we got him , we could have  A fantastic young core of goalies coming up,

Maxime Crépeau 23 

Andreas Vaikla 20

Sebastian Breza 19

Axel Desjardins 17

Edited by SpecialK

Can I just ask honestly why Tomori is still considered a fence sitter? He already switched over and is quite a well known commodity in England after the u20 success. When I was there a month ago they had articles about his heroics and all that in the papers. 

I assumed he was as good as gone. Unless someone had a reason to think he'd switch back that I was missing

34 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

No not yet because he's only played Friendly's, he hasn't played in any major  sanctioned  senior competition for Estonia.

if we got him , we could have  A fantastic young core goalies coming up,

Maxime Crépeau 23 

Andreas Vaikla 20

Sebastian Breza 19

Axel Desjardins 17

Axel is a great name. 

34 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

Matty, do you think NEC getting relegated will hurt Ferdi's chances with getting called up by Netherlands or turkey ? He would be an awesome pick up for Canada, Great Attacking midfielder. 

I think he's too young for it to hurt him really. If he's playing there for years then yes

2 hours ago, SpecialK said:

if we got him , we could have  A fantastic young core of goalies coming up,

Maxime Crépeau 23 

Andreas Vaikla 20

Sebastian Breza 19

Axel Desjardins 17

You're not gonna include Marco Carducci?