Bertuzzi44

Which current 'fence-sitter' would you most want to declare for Canada?

Which current 'fence-sitter' would you most want to declare for Canada?   106 members have voted

1. 1. Which current 'fence-sitter' would you most want to declare for Canada?

• Ricardo Ferreira (24, CB, SC Braga)
    • Ballou Tabla (18, MF, Montréal Impact)
    • Cristián Gutiérrez (20, LB, Colo Colo)
    • Bryan Cristante (22, MF, Atalanta)
    • Andreas Vaikla (20, GK, IFK Mariehamn)
    • Fikayo Tomori (19, CB, Chelsea)
    • Other (specify)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

61 posts in this topic

But seriously...

Tabla looks like he has a high ceiling, but I don't know how he compares to the others.  Crisante playing with Atalanta and Tomori making waves in England are both pretty intriguing.  Don't know much about the others, but cheers to all of them pulling on the maple leaf.

matty likes this

Chose Ferreira because as has been pointed out by others our group of CBs is aging and we could use some experience and quality back there.

The prospect of Tabla sure is tempting, though if he were to embrace the idea of representing Canada.

Dominic94, BCM and Dr.Dre like this

I'm not voting, because I've only seen Tabla play, none of the others. That being said, I would love for him to commit to us. Let's keep this Gold Cup run going to make him a bit jealous that he isn't there.

Biggest game in recent history for the Canadian men and we need another thread worrying about who isn't there?  Can't we just focus on what's going on in front of us lol

squizz, king1010 and matty like this

Would Andreas Vaikla be ineligible now as he is cap tied to Estonia? I'm loving Borjan as of late - but could definitely use some youth in the mix!

2 hours ago, Ivan said:

Chose Tomori - thinking longer term.  But we need all of them!

This young guy or the Braga CB.  Big need position:  the current group of available younger CBs didn't impress OZ enough for him to bring here (i.e. Gasporatto and some others) and I don't see any Matt Miazga's coming through our domestic club pipeline at the moment.  We really need some more competition here.

Not sure if we have a fence sitter at RB but another guy who could join Cordova as an up and comer would be great 

Moldy9 and Ivan like this

2 hours ago, Rheo said:

Biggest game in recent history for the Canadian men and we need another thread worrying about who isn't there?  Can't we just focus on what's going on in front of us lol

To quote myself:

Just for fun and to fill some time before our big game against Jamaica!

Rheo, keaner4life and matty like this

1 hour ago, BearcatSA said:

Not sure if we have a fence sitter at RB but another guy who could join Cordova as an up and comer would be great 

Fully agree that CB is our big position of need, although I still hold some hope for Doneil.  

At RB, I agree that another up-and-comer would be nice, but I like the look of Petrasso there.

Free kick likes this

15 minutes ago, Ivan said:

Fully agree that CB is our big position of need, although I still hold some hope for Doneil.  

I am hoping we get some kind of update to do with Henry soon. At least some sort of record he is back training with the team.

kingvikingstad likes this

Wow Cristante is in 4th. Considering he might actually be the best one on there and the one that could actually be a difference maker that's a shock.

Also how is Ferreira leading this RN? Guy seems insanely injury prone.

9 hours ago, keaner4life said:

Would Andreas Vaikla be ineligible now as he is cap tied to Estonia? I'm loving Borjan as of late - but could definitely use some youth in the mix!

No not yet because he's only played Friendly's, he hasn't played in any major  sanctioned  senior competition for Estonia.

if we got him , we could have  A fantastic young core of goalies coming up,

Maxime Crépeau 23 

Andreas Vaikla 20

Sebastian Breza 19

Axel Desjardins 17

Edited by SpecialK

40 minutes ago, matty said:

I know but I just surprised the injury bug didn't hurt him in this poll

Doneil Henry's career has been hampered  by injury and we still have many posters here who have him on their CB depth charts.

Moldy9 likes this

Can I just ask honestly why Tomori is still considered a fence sitter? He already switched over and is quite a well known commodity in England after the u20 success. When I was there a month ago they had articles about his heroics and all that in the papers. 

I assumed he was as good as gone. Unless someone had a reason to think he'd switch back that I was missing

kingvikingstad, canta15 and Obinna like this

34 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

No not yet because he's only played Friendly's, he hasn't played in any major  sanctioned  senior competition for Estonia.

if we got him , we could have  A fantastic young core goalies coming up,

Maxime Crépeau 23 

Andreas Vaikla 20

Sebastian Breza 19

Axel Desjardins 17

Axel is a great name. 

Ivanovski94 likes this

Matty, do you think NEC getting relegated will hurt Ferdi's chances with getting called up by Netherlands or turkey ? He would be an awesome pick up for Canada, Great Attacking midfielder. 

34 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

Matty, do you think NEC getting relegated will hurt Ferdi's chances with getting called up by Netherlands or turkey ? He would be an awesome pick up for Canada, Great Attacking midfielder. 

I think he's too young for it to hurt him really. If he's playing there for years then yes

Thomas likes this

2 hours ago, SpecialK said:

if we got him , we could have  A fantastic young core of goalies coming up,

Maxime Crépeau 23 

Andreas Vaikla 20

Sebastian Breza 19

Axel Desjardins 17

You're not gonna include Marco Carducci?