USA vs El Salvador
Panama vs Costa Rica

Thursday 20th July:

Mexico vs Honduras
Canada vs Jamaica

That's the Quarter Final Setup

Edited by canadianfoot
canta15 and Ruffian like this

I think we are going to see a very similar if not identical lineup and formation to our 1st match of the tourney.

I would be fine with that, at least to start the game. 

Could see Osorio starting or Adekugbe though, excellent opportunity and both could play major roles in the 2022 cycle, while they both showed they are capable.  I'll let the Wizard figure it out.

Bernier would be more composed but if tied late and going to PKs I'd rather have Bernier on the field. 

The left side with Adekugbe and Davies would worry me a bit defensively(lack of experience) but that could very well be our future left side for a while with them being only 22 & 16.

25 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Be aware, CONCACAF (as expected because they are all about making the $$$$$) has switched the order of the games!! We will play at 4:30 Pacific (and local) and 7:30 Eastern. 

I mean, did they expect Mexico to come 2nd in the group?  That seems pretty dumb to me.

Addona and Kent like this

58 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Be aware, CONCACAF (as expected because they are all about making the $$$$$) has switched the order of the games!! We will play at 4:30 Pacific (and local) and 7:30 Eastern. 

Noticed this, too. Leave it to CONCASCRAP to sabotage Canada's run. Playing at 4:30 in Glendale will be no picnic because of the heat, something Jamaica is much better equipped to deal with. 7:30 was much more favourable. 

Addona, Kent and GimliJetsMan like this

Surprised Mont Vic didn't give Canada some advantage.  I know its all about money, but if your the head of a confederation from a country that needs favours, you should give then an advantage.  Jack fuckin Warner gave T & T facourable groups to qualify for a World Cup or Gold Cup

23 minutes ago, DeRo_Is_King said:

Noticed this, too. Leave it to CONCASCRAP to sabotage Canada's run. Playing at 4:30 in Glendale will be no picnic because of the heat, something Jamaica is much better equipped to deal with. 7:30 was much more favourable. 

Stadium is indoors my dude. Don't know why everyone is complaining, better time for most of us to watch game.

gator, paul-collins, Dr.Dre and 7 others like this

1 hour ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Wow.  In the Arizona heat?  In mid July?   Only in concacaf!   When you could easily play after sunset,  Concacaf decides (probably to please a rights holder) to subject players to 40 degree heat.  Even as spectator, i would be reluctant to be there unless i know i am in the shade.  

14 minutes ago, canta15 said:

Stadium is indoors my dude. Don't know why everyone is complaining, better time for most of us to watch game.

Alright. I stand corrected then

canta15 likes this

21 minutes ago, canta15 said:

Glad it's indoors. My bad. I still think the time change says a lot about CONCACAF, though. As the original poster pointed out, they think having Mexico play in the second game will bring in more revenue, and therefore, didn't waste a second to change times around. Makes me wonder what else they'd be willing to do... Hmmmmm (flashback to USA vs Canada, Gold Cup 2007). 

Kent, Grizzly and Red and White like this

37 minutes ago, canta15 said:

University of Phoenix stadium has a retractable roof. Do we have confirmation it'll be closed?

Also, 7:30pm pacific was perfect timing for me. Now, I'm going to have to find a conference room in the office at 4:30pm and 'work'.

1 hour ago, canta15 said:

And even less time for Jamaica to get ready, I'll take it.

It's put up or shut up time. As nice as it's been to get some results in the group if we can't beat a Jamaican side missing their 3 top defenders and a couple of other good players this tournament will be tarnished for me. Gotta win to show this squad is for real.

38 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

It's put up or shut up time. As nice as it's been to get some results in the group if we can't beat a Jamaican side missing their 3 top defenders and a couple of other good players this tournament will be tarnished for me. Gotta win to show this squad is for real.

I love to see this kind of comment. OZ has raised expectations already. This is good.

jpg75, Pottsy3, GimliJetsMan and 1 other like this

1 minute ago, dsqpr said:

I love to see this kind of comment. OZ has raised expectations already. This is good.

Well, i've typically been one of the more demanding posters on here...0-0 in San Salvador didn't sit well with me, among many other things lol

Thomas, dsqpr, kungfucious and 1 other like this

I think most if not all are happy so far, but would love at least one more round. One more to be able to feel we've turned a corner. 

This one.

With Canada I can always accept a result if there is a lot to take away from it, but it's been so long since we've done more rather than less, in any age group.

Free kick likes this

It pales in comparison to the other reasons, but one benefit of the switch is that, whereas with the reverse, all the Mexican fans would leave after their match, this way they will mostly arrive for the last 20 minutes of our match and most will cheer for us I imagine.

apbsmith and kungfucious like this

9 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Outstanding.  Love it.

The optics however, come on people.  

41 minutes ago, Miche said:

It pales in comparison to the other reasons, but one benefit of the switch is that, whereas with the reverse, all the Mexican fans would leave after their match, this way they will mostly arrive for the last 20 minutes of our match and most will cheer for us I imagine.

Not that I like their motive (probably see us as an easier opponent in a later round) but the support would be nice.