Sign in to follow this  
adamjwpgfutebol

CPL TV Contract

10 minutes ago, matty said:

Because it's 20 plus years until streaming is anywhere near dominant. 98.8% is not tiny. You're unlikely to grow with streaming at this stage or generate the money needed to justify spending millions a year.

You mention the younger audience but they don't watch sports man. Even soccer the vast majority of the fanbase is 35+. Hell the u35 prefer TV watching for sports too.

If you're offered free TV, it'll do more than streaming would do for decades.

The problem those are not popular on a mass scale that's needed to help the league make money and grow.

A paid sub would be very bad for eyeballs but your second point is right the only issue as I've said before is beIN is so fucking limited and costly that Random Guy A will not follow CPL as a result and DAZN's launch was so fucked it might have stunted it's growth.

Hey, you know that if you have cable with Rogers or Bell or Cogeco or whoever and have TSN or Sportsnet, that you automatically get access to TSN GO and SN Now through your Rogers/Bell online account, right?

It's my little secret that all my friends just absolutely love when I tell them about it and show it to them on my iPhone or Galaxy tablet. Some of my buddies use their parent's account instead.

With that in mind, what's your preferred option for streaming for CPL? Free on Youtube? A free CPL Live? DAZN? Something else?

Edited by ironcub14

7 minutes ago, ironcub14 said:

Hey, you know that if you have cable with Rogers or Bell or Cogeco or whoever and have TSN or Sportsnet, that you automatically get access to TSN GO and SN Now through your Rogers/Bell online account, right?

It's my little secret that all my friends just absolutely love when I tell them about it and show it to them on my iPhone or Galaxy tablet. Some of my buddies use their parent's account instead.

With that in mind, what's your preferred option for streaming for CPL? Free on Youtube? A free CPL Live? DAZN? Something else?

Yea I do. I use TSN Go sometimes

You don't address any points and ignore what I've said about how limited streaming reach is but instead said you psychically have to show people it. That's not something useful when it's exclusively on fans to grow it.

I do think the best option is to get on one of those if you can't get any TV but you better be looking for TV asap

34 minutes ago, matty said:

Yea I do. I use TSN Go sometimes

You don't address any points and ignore what I've said about how limited streaming reach is but instead said you psychically have to show people it. That's not something useful when it's exclusively on fans to grow it.

I do think the best option is to get on one of those if you can't get any TV but you better be looking for TV asap

Hey, I just quoted the whole thing cuz I'm lazy, but if you look back at your post, more than half of it was for BBTB, not for me. I agree with most of the stuff you're saying here, lol.

The thing is, it's on TSN and Sportsnet to better raise awareness of the fact that their online services are available at no extra charge for cable subscribers. Nobody ever told me that, I had to just go into the app and try it out myself in the beginning.

Except for Youtube and DAZN, I can't think of a popular legal streaming option for sports. I don't think Youtube is the way to go. I think DAZN is, despite the NFL hiccups. I still think TSN GO and SN Now is just as key and good as DAZN. A CPL Live is a given, and is separate to all of the stuff above.

28 minutes ago, ironcub14 said:

Hey, I just quoted the whole thing cuz I'm lazy, but if you look back at your post, more than half of it was for BBTB, not for me. I agree with most of the stuff you're saying here, lol.

The thing is, it's on TSN and Sportsnet to better raise awareness of the fact that their online services are available at no extra charge for cable subscribers. Nobody ever told me that, I had to just go into the app and try it out myself in the beginning.

Except for Youtube and DAZN, I can't think of a popular legal streaming option for sports. I don't think Youtube is the way to go. I think DAZN is, despite the NFL hiccups. I still think TSN GO and SN Now is just as key and good as DAZN. A CPL Live is a given, and is separate to all of the stuff above.

True say

I first heard about TSN Go here of all places. In comparison I heard about the CBC app from every fucking CBC subway ad and billboard. If the CPL goes that route I hope to hell that they get TSN Go actually promoted.

Streaming services are not yet mainstream, DAZN has potential but that hiccup was a massive hiccup that might have set them back a few years. The problem is production costs which no matter what will be at least 20k game (and that's for shiteo) and you gotta find a way to make that cost worth it when you're 2k under needed attendance.

7 minutes ago, Soefeia said:

IMG_3378.JPG

giphy.gif

these boards need more elisabeth moss

I know that getting visibility for the league is important, but if you act like your league isn't worth paying for, people will treat it accordingly.  If the CPL intends to present itself as a premier product, then it needs to have a subscription as part of a streaming service.

2 hours ago, Gopherbashi said:

I know that getting visibility for the league is important, but if you act like your league isn't worth paying for, people will treat it accordingly.  If the CPL intends to present itself as a premier product, then it needs to have a subscription as part of a streaming service.

The problem is if they do it themselves (with no traditional outlet to support with like a game of the week) they limit themselves to essentially us and that wouldn't work. They need someone else

Edited by matty