Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
charlesmazz

Juan Guillermo Cordova

164 posts in this topic

RNO: Canada has struggled for success in Latin America (South America, Central America, Mexico) over the last decade. How do you see the entry of yourself, Zambrano and other players based on Latin American teams (including your U23 teammate Keven Aleman) impacting that?

Juan Cordova: Latin America is a challenging place to play especially if you are not comfortable or have limited experience in the conditions. Clubs take every advantage to win. I am fortunate to have gained the comfortable level in such environments throughout my upbringing.

Kevin and I connect well. Play in Chile has similarity to Central America. It will be important for players with similar experience to contribute at the national team level. Canada needs to get results in these parts of the world        

WELL SAID!!! THAT TYPE OF MINDSET for Canada at his age is awesome.  Considering how thin we are at the back I will really be following and supporting this young lad.  All the best Mr. Cordova! 

MtlMario, johnyb, Alex D and 1 other like this

Juan Cordova: Octavio is passionate and demanding. He stresses possession and the incursions with wall.

About fn time!!! :)

great interview by the boys at RNO, thank you!

Initial views of Cordova are all positive. He's doing and saying all the right things...notabily for a 21 yr old

Edited by hamiltonfan
SuperCanuck likes this

39 minutes ago, hamiltonfan said:

great interview by the boys at RNO, thank you!

Initial views of Cordova are all positive. He's doing and saying all the right things...notabily for a 21 yr old

You're welcome and thank you

Havoc88 likes this

Interesting to hear Cordova talk about moving to a top league in North America. I wonder if a move to MLS is in the cards at some point?

No mention on how he is eligible in the interview. I know a few posters were wondering how he was eligible.

3 minutes ago, shermanator said:

Interesting to hear Cordova talk about moving to a top league in North America. I wonder if a move to MLS is in the cards at some point?

There's apparently a few MLS and NASL teams in talks about bringing him in on trial or loan.

3 hours ago, Ansem said:

Juan Cordova: Octavio is passionate and demanding. He stresses possession and the incursions with wall.

About fn time!!! :)

I think "incursions with wall" means breaking down defenses with triangular passing and give and goes, a give and go is a "pared" in Spanish.

hamiltonfan likes this

If OZ finds a way to work him and Aleman into the senior team and brings Cavallini back Canada could be solid in Latin American. It would be a real plus if Floro actually brings some of his favourite Canadians (like Piette and Straith) into Alajuelense (should he last there).

Jahinho Guerro, king1010 and Obinna like this

Anthony Totera has mentioned in his show that a few individuals (well known) are destined to destroy the CPL. Who are these individuals? What is he talking about? I'm really confused? These same individuals hate the name CANADIAN PREMIER LEAGUE, and they want to change it because they are jealous that they have not been invited to join the CPL. Who are these people?

http://www.nextsportstar.com/index.php/show/red-card-april-19-2017-2/

Edited by Pat Carrasco

23 minutes ago, Pat Carrasco said:

Anthony Totera has mentioned in his show that a few individuals (well known) are destined to destroy the CPL. Who are these individuals? What is he talking about? I'm really confused?

http://www.nextsportstar.com/index.php/show/red-card-april-19-2017-2/

I still don't understand what nextsportstar exactly is. Is it just a bunch of Italian Canadians ranting? Is it a legit sports site? Why is it called "nextsportstar" if they also talk entertainment and politics a lot? How is Phil Esposito an expert on American politics? Is the site pro or anti-Trump? Who What Where When Why?

Edited by matty
Alex D and hamiltonfan like this

On 20/4/2017 at 3:23 AM, matty said:

I still don't understand what nextsportstar exactly is. Is it just a bunch of Italian Canadians ranting? Is it a legit sports site? Why is it called "nextsportstar" if they also talk entertainment and politics a lot? How is Phil Esposito an expert on American politics? Is the site pro or anti-Trump? Who What Where When Why?

I can't figure out what part of matty's questions are just rhetorical :unsure:

The interest from Primera teams is interesting. My friend's family is obsessed with the Santiago Wanderers. I would love for them to be one of the team looking at him.

hamiltonfan likes this

On 19/04/2017 at 9:23 PM, matty said:

It's as legit as Cheetah energy drink and Steelback beer. 

matty and El Hombre like this

29 minutes ago, A_Gagne said:

link?

No link. When I was talking with his agent he noted a few MLS and NASL clubs were looking at him in addition to the Primera Division. Union San Felipe are hoping for a loan.