shermanator

Cyle Larin

2 hours ago, Craig11rm said:

Larin Cavallini

Davies                       Hoilet

Piette Arfeild          

deJong James Vitoria  Petrasso

Maybe??

I think we could debate the CBs but aside from that...yes.

20 minutes ago, Yohan said:

hope these aren't too serious, especially after the huge commotion to leave for europe.

MLS is going to give buy him and pay him DP money 6 months after they refused to pay him? Not happening.

His last game he scored a hat trick and he has a goal per game making more than mls could pay him.. where’s he going?  Unless it’s a loan for the season that could make sense but I’d prefer he go to Mexico for that.

21 minutes ago, Yohan said:

The author's entire basis for Besiktas supposedly wanting to sell Larin is because he has "fallen out of favour", despite the obvious fact that he spent months getting match fit and only got his first minutes at the end of the season when he played in four of Besiktas' five last league games of the season and actually did quite well. Dallas may have made an offer for Larin but I don't see why Besiktas would want to sell him now, particularly if it's for significantly less than they bought him for last winter, as the author suggests.

That "article" is trash.  This just reeks of a typical lazy transfer window story.  "Hey we need a striker and an article for the website, what about Larin he was good! We'll get some clicks out of that."

Why would they spend all that time getting him match fit, have him score 4 goals in 4 games then dump him in the offseason for less money than they just paid for him??  Why would Larin agree to come back to MLS after all the baloney getting out?  The last place he wants to come is back to MLS.  

Besiktas has just decided to dump Negredo, who is looking for another team. They are not taking him to their preseason in Slovakia. The reasons, it seems, is that the club is overspending and has gone over the limits on Financial Fair play. And he must be costly.

This obviously benefits Larin, who must be cheaper than Negredo, and perhaps puts the team in a situation where they are not going to sign over Larin's head, but give him the chance.

That said, I just looked and there are rumours they are bidding on Sturridge, as well as on Origi, they seem very active in signing and selling (have offers for their Croatian defender Vida). So I don't want to make too much of this. What we really need is to see Larin have minutes from the start of the season, and take his chances.

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Besiktas has just decided to dump Negredo, who is looking for another team. They are not taking him to their preseason in Slovakia. The reasons, it seems, is that the club is overspending and has gone over the limits on Financial Fair play. And he must be costly.

This obviously benefits Larin, who must be cheaper than Negredo, and perhaps puts the team in a situation where they are not going to sign over Larin's head, but give him the chance.

That said, I just looked and there are rumours they are bidding on Sturridge, as well as on Origi, they seem very active in signing and selling (have offers for their Croatian defender Vida). So I don't want to make too much of this. What we really need is to see Larin have minutes from the start of the season, and take his chances.

If Negredo is to leave, and they don't buy a replacement, where would Larin likely sit on the depth chart?

1 hour ago, C2SKI said:

If Negredo is to leave, and they don't buy a replacement, where would Larin likely sit on the depth chart?

It went Negrddo, Vagner Love, Larin in striker, with outside attackers like Quaresma and then Babel.

In other Besiktas news they've signed Guti from Real Madrid B as assistant coach. 

2 hours ago, C2SKI said:

I believe Love got the most minutes towards the end of the season, and they used Negredo less and Larin more, but he was still the lowest on the depth chart of the 3.

I expect Besiktas to bring in a proven player like a Sturrige or Origi to start and then let Larin and Love battle for the rest of the minutes.

Love is also getting up there in age. I think he is 33 or 34. He was probably brought in as a guy to help with the transition.

He probably won't be in their plans long term. Larin and one of Sturrige or Origi are likely the future for the next few years at CF

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

It went Negrddo, Vagner Love, Larin in striker, with outside attackers like Quaresma and then Babel.

In other Besiktas news they've signed Guti from Real Madrid B as assistant coach. 

Yes but at the end of the season in his famous 3 goal game he was chosen to start over Love (Negredo was injured) in a game which had a lot of consequences for placement and European play. Neither Negredo or Love were very impressive last season. For a while it seemed like Love would also be leaving but it seems he might be staying. None of the guys they have been rumoured to be bringing in (Wilfried Bony from relegated Swansea is another one) have been that impressive in recent years. If the budgetary issues are true, then Larin could be in amazingly good situation this year and I suspect they will keep him and not loan him out. Even if he were third on their striker depth chart he would get a decent amount of playing time in which to prove he belongs higher up the depth chart. And Love and the guys rumoured so far are older than Larin (Origi excepted who is the same age and played in 3 top leagues but not really shone in any of them) and have not necessarily been stellar recently so this could be a great opportunity for Larin to win the starting striker spot at a major club. I would not be surprised at all to see Larin as Besiktas starting striker before the end of this upcoming season. In fact, unless they manage to sign someone more impressive than the names listed so far, that is my prediction for this year.

Edited by Grizzly

He could also get quite a bit of playing time in the Europa League this year. Besiktas first game in the second qualifying round is against the winner of the third place team in Montenegro or a team from the preliminary round. First game is July 26.

Would be a great opportunity to get a few early goals this season.

18 hours ago, Grizzly said:

Yes but at the end of the season in his famous 3 goal game he was chosen to start over Love (Negredo was injured) in a game which had a lot of consequences for placement and European play. Neither Negredo or Love were very impressive last season. 

That may be, but they are the ones that helped the team get deep in Champions. And they really were just a win off making a Champions spot in Turkey, and two wins off winning the league. Negredo was  better last year than his first season at the club. But true, neither was very prolific, it is a team that gets goals from their outside players like  Babel, and Talisca was better up front without killing it. 

Just saying that while neither was on the level of what they sold a year ago, they were acceptable. But I bet Larin would get better stats at the club than either, agreed.

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

That may be, but they are the ones that helped the team get deep in Champions. And they really were just a win off making a Champions spot in Turkey, and two wins off winning the league. Negredo was  better last year than his first season at the club. But true, neither was very prolific, it is a team that gets goals from their outside players like  Babel, and Talisca was better up front without killing it. 

Just saying that while neither was on the level of what they sold a year ago, they were acceptable. But I bet Larin would get better stats at the club than either, agreed.

Besiktas got really great production from Babel at left wing and Talisca at attacking mid while the strikers were mediocre. Imagine if they had had a strong centre forward complementing the production they were getting from the midfield. Hopefully, Larin will provide that.

Cyle Larin: “I am working real hard to earn spot on the starting 11.”

http://bjk.com.tr/en/haber/73706/cyle_larin_ldquo_i_am_working_real_hard_to_earn_spot_on_the_starting_11_rdquo.html

The team is in Slovakia in their preseason.

11 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Cyle Larin: “I am working real hard to earn spot on the starting 11.”

http://bjk.com.tr/en/haber/73706/cyle_larin_ldquo_i_am_working_real_hard_to_earn_spot_on_the_starting_11_rdquo.html

The team is in Slovakia in their preseason.

Love his attitude. Hope he continues the momentum he ended last season with!

The team played yesterday, he started, they drew a local team 1-1. 

Today they beat another team 4-1, not sure if he played, he did not score, but Love and Babel did. 

I see Talisca, who was on loan from Benfica, has now been loaned to Evergrande in China, so they are missing another source of goals for the upcoming season.

Taking to Turkish culture quite well apparently:

Check out @yarenkayaa23’s Tweet:

Also if you do a Twitter search of his name, there is actually a lot of chatter about him from Besiktas fans.  Can't read Turkish so not sure if it is good or bad but there do seem to be a number of 'Cyle Larin🔥' comments.  Meaning either 'burn in hell Cyle Larin' or 'Cyle Larin is on fire' but I'm leaning toward latter.