Jump to content
masster

Michael Petrasso

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Areathrasher said:

Grego-Cox, the other player released by QPR today, signed with another club pretty much straight away. 

Perhaps Petrasso has something lined up?

Doing a quick search it seems that Petrasso has literally 5 times more pro experience despite being only 1 year older, for what it's worth.

If not MLS I think he could cut it in league one or SPL. Or I can see him having success in a place like Holland or Belgium.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely isn't rapid but is no slouch. I always thought he was reasonably skilled, high work rate and has a reasonable eye for goal. 

I wouldn't say he is that much slower than Davies buts certainly doesn't have the physical power. Bolanos is the only real exception to the rule. 

It's a fair point regarding Robinson's style but he also values work rate, skill, versatility and having different gameplan options which Petrasso would bring and set him apart from others in the squad.

He has mentioned switching to 3 at the back too. While far from defensively sound I liked Petrassos audition at for the national team.

I suspect your pretty spot on though, the above is probably more positive spin than reality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Areathrasher said:

Grego-Cox, the other player released by QPR today, signed with another club pretty much straight away. 

Perhaps Petrasso has something lined up?

We sure hope so.... Question is, where will that be????... MLS or a Second, third division European league????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CNMNTPERUELIGIBLE said:

We sure hope so.... Question is, where will that be????... MLS or a Second, third division European league????

Wouldn't mind seeing him in B3. Still a league that is very good to Canadians.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nolando said:

Wouldn't mind seeing him in B3. Still a league that is very good to Canadians.

 

I hope you mean B2?  Petrasso is still a high level young player and no disrespect to B3 but I think he's above that level in comparison to other Canucks.. I think he's a lot closer to a guy like Josh Simpson back in the day than Randy Edwini Bonsu for instance.  Still only 22 and arguably a starter for the MNT at the moment, I had a lot of comments from friends in England about him.. the consensus seems to be that he's a talented player who was unlucky and/or never got a shot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Keegan said:

I hope you mean B2?  Petrasso is still a high level young player and no disrespect to B3 but I think he's above that level in comparison to other Canucks.. I think he's a lot closer to a guy like Josh Simpson back in the day than Randy Edwini Bonsu for instance.  Still only 22 and arguably a starter for the MNT at the moment, I had a lot of comments from friends in England about him.. the consensus seems to be that he's a talented player who was unlucky and/or never got a shot.

B2 only if he can play week-in, week-out. I'd compare him ceiling-wise as more of a Nik Ledgerwood myself, meaning he may end up playing a bit (more) as  a top-nation second-tier player, but nobody is going to hand him a damn thing at this point without a lot more proof of the goods. More than anything I think he desperately needs a manager who will believe (and invest) in him. Wish him luck, as I quite like him as a player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He did pretty well at the GC but he had a lot defensive positional issues in his game as an RB.  However, I felt that with committed and regular tutelage he could improve in that area.  Offensively, he showed some good agility and ball skills to create some stuff but I don't see him at all being a Josh Simpson like flank presence because he didn't look like he had that kind of special burst of pace to get separation.

Hope he lands in a good spot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, harrycoyster said:

There are two and only two types of wingers that Robbo has ever been interested in: "fast, tall and physical" and "can score from 30 yards". The first is a necessity of Robboball, the second takes advantage of the ability of Robbo's forwards/wingers to draw fouls and knock the ball out of the air.

"Fast, tall, and physical" are traits that Robbo likes in many of his guys, especially his role players.  A guy like Mark-Anthony Kaye has a better chance of being picked up by the Caps than Petrasso, but I'll gladly eat crow if I am proven wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

I've been calling for TFC to sign him ever since they lost Edwards. He would be a perfect fit for the team, which needs more Canucks on it for various reasons

Petrasso would just be a better version of Edwards imo.  So I don't know why they wouldn't consider it.

Edited by mpg_29

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

I've been calling for TFC to sign him ever since they lost Edwards. He would be a perfect fit for the team, which needs more Canucks on it for various reasons

He has the wrong passport though! I'm not sure how his relationship would be with the club after he bolted the TFC Academy for QPR!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, gator said:

He has the wrong passport though! I'm not sure how his relationship would be with the club after he bolted the TFC Academy for QPR!

He and Carreiro were sold to QPR, no "bolting" was done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jpg75 said:

He and Carreiro were sold to QPR, no "bolting" was done.

Was there a fee involved? Seems to me the club wanted to retain them but they moved with Marc Bircham to QPR! I hope he finds another team soon many at QPR think he will!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Areathrasher said:

Grego-Cox, the other player released by QPR today, signed with another club pretty much straight away. 

Perhaps Petrasso has something lined up?

In the English 5th tier. Hopefully Petrasso can do much better than that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mpg_29 said:

Petrasso would just be a better version of Edwards imo.  So I don't know why they wouldn't consider it.

because they lost edwards? seems pretty simple...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, gator said:

Was there a fee involved? Seems to me the club wanted to retain them but they moved with Marc Bircham to QPR! I hope he finds another team soon many at QPR think he will!

IIRC it was 150K (GBP or $???) for both of them. I think it was posted here when they moved...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×