Coramoor

Doneil Henry

Hypothetically he could be fit for the November games then. Probably pushing it though considering he hasn't seen any real game action. 

He probably shouldn't play important WCQ matches if he isn't playing games.

It was awesome seeing his loan spell at Blackburn.  What was it, 3 games and then a shitty injury?

Yup, and constant injuries since. Been a rough go  for Henry since he officially left TFC. 3 games in a year for club and country during a crucial period in his development.

Edited by shermanator

A friendly in Europe during a February or March FIFA window would be the best time to re-integrate him back into the group. Hopefully by then, he is playing regularly on loan in the championship or making the 18 regularly for west ham.

A friendly in Europe during a February or March FIFA window would be the best time to re-integrate him back into the group. Hopefully by then, he is playing regularly on loan in the championship or making the 18 regularly for west ham.

camp poutine in jan if he is not loaned out

My hope for him at this point is to get healthy with the U-21's and go out on loan somewhere in the Championship again. I don't want him to rot on the bench at West Ham. Send him on loan for the rest of the season as soon as he is fit, and let him try his luck with the first team in the 2016-17 season.

Let's hope he can get back on track, and back to playing well for Blackburn. The last 8 months for him have been a total disaster.

I wonder if there's an argument to be had for him moving to Blackburn on a permanent basis if he isn't able to break through to the first team at West Ham.

Rovers fans are excited about the loan move. Henry did really well over his short stint the last time round. I think it might be more of an emergency cover - Rovers have a couple of CBs sitting on 4 yellow cards, but he could also see some time at RB, where there are few options in the current side.

When Henry gets back playing and into form, it will really complicate CMNT selection, which is a great thing. 

At RB, we now have Ouimette showing he is capable, Fraser Aird showing he is promising, Nik Ledgerwood the experienced incumbent - and now Henry.

I honestly don't know who the odd man out will be, but likely it would be Aird unless his minutes at Rangers go up drastically. Or, perhaps Ouimette will find himself out of the team in March due to being out of season, but he was very consistent in our last two WCQ's. Really hard to see him miss out.

At CB, I think we can all agree that Edgar and Jakovic is our best pairing, but Straith has really become a dependable (if not solid) third choice, and I don't think we lost anything in our last two matches with Straith in for Edgar. I also have to point out that Lefvere and Hainault both showed they are capable of doing a good job against Ghana.

So, where does Henry fit in all of this? Very hard to say, but it's nice to have 6 CB's who are all at a similar level, yet all provide something a little different.

If he is playing regularly and impressing with Blackburn as he did on his previous loan, he would be our CB playing regularly at the highest level and frankly I think he needs to be a starter at the CB position possibly paired with Jakovic. Edgar could then play right back as he has played there before.