Sign in to follow this  
hodgkiss

Kristopher Twardek

6 hours ago, Kadenge said:

Interview from cam

p

Can anyone make out who's knee he's trying to slap at the 1:15 mark of this video? (I know better than to ask to why........)

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

Can anyone make out who's knee he's trying to slap at the 1:15 mark of this video? (I know better than to ask to why........)

Louis Beland-Goyette? Although he would have a job as he wasn't originally in the squad was he? Petrasso tints his hair but he looks tall. 

Edited by toontownman

1 hour ago, toontownman said:

Louis Beland-Goyette? Although he would have a job as he wasn't originally in the squad was he? Petrasso tints his hair but he looks tall. 

I am thinking maybe Liam Fraser with a haircut.  I am trying to think of a witty joke here but I know that if I do it probably won't be considered a knee-slapper. 

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Strait Red said:

Twardek signs with Sligo Rovers in Ireland. Seems like a huge step backward from playing in the English Championship last year with Millwall. https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/soccer-news/canadian-international-kris-twardek-signs-12843188

He only made two league appearences at Millwall last year and played mostly on loan in League Two, where he only had five starts and twelve appearances, so it's really more of a step up. The fact Sligo signed him to a 1.5 year contract indicates that the manager probably rates him pretty highly, so presumably he'll get a fair shot this season.

Sligo aren't a great team and he won't get to play in Europe this year (and probably not next year either), but this is just his chance to finally break into the senior game.

Edited by Zem

28 minutes ago, Strait Red said:

Twardek signs with Sligo Rovers in Ireland. Seems like a huge step backward from playing in the English Championship last year with Millwall. https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/soccer-news/canadian-international-kris-twardek-signs-12843188

Just because it says Millwall next to his name in the MOACA spreadsheet doesn't mean he played there last year.

4 hours ago, Shortdutchcanuck said:

Just because it says Millwall next to his name in the MOACA spreadsheet doesn't mean he played there last year.

Thanks for the information, but I was aware of where he played last season. 

Twardek seems to be a workhorse with very good character. Able to cover ground at high intensity all match. IIRC Herdman used him on wing and at fullback at Toulon.Hopefully that versatility translates into more professional minutes but I think he needs to improve his quality in the final third dramatically ASAP 

15 minutes ago, Strait Red said:

Thanks for the information, but I was aware of where he played last season. 

Cheers  man, lots of new posters on here recently who don't always do their research, your post made it seem like you thought he spent season at Millwall.

17 hours ago, Shortdutchcanuck said:

Cheers  man, lots of new posters on here recently who don't always do their research, your post made it seem like you thought he spent season at Millwall.

No worries, sorry for the overreaction on my part. I’m more of “frequent reader, infrequent poster” type. 😂 Here’s hoping Twardek can play some regular football and his career can develop.